I do not really have a goal here, beyond the generic "eating better and being healthier." Ideally I'd like to lose some weight, maybe 20-25 lbs. by the time the 12 weeks are over, but I am more interested in making positive changes and sticking to them [than] I am in hitting a specific target. Maybe if I can stick to this plan I will revise the goals.I also said some stuff about maybe weighing in at the beginning, which got exactly nowhere. I have not once, in the past seven weeks, weighed myself, and I don't intend to jinx things now.
But ... well, I need new pants. One pair of shorts does not stay up, like at all, unless I am sitting down. I did just get a replacement pair, but I don't want to go too crazy, just in case I decide to revise this plan for another 12 weeks. I have some veteran shorts that I haven't been able to wear in a while, and maybe they'll fit me by vacation. Otherwise I might need to get a belt or two. My bras and bathing suits fit all wonky, but I don't really care. I have a sassy bright orange bathing suit that maybe I will fit into for the shore, but let's not get too crazy.
Mostly I'm glad at this point that (1) I have been able to stick to the plan so far, (2) I have not had a single piece of candy before 6pm in at least five weeks (I have had a few handfuls of M&M's and a couple of pieces of licorice since I started, but they have all been after dinner), and (3) most melons are in season, and I have designed this thing to allow myself to eat all the fruit I want to, because the cantaloupe I have had so far has been spectacular.
Anyway. Here is today's menu: yogurt, mini bagel with ⅝ oz. strawberry cream cheese, 2 small plums, 1 can Chunky Roasted Beef Tips with Vegetables soup (not exactly a Lean Cuisine, but similar calorie content and 2 servings of vegetables in the can), carrots, pistachios. For dinner we're having "Fajita Chicken Skillet" (recipe below), corn on the cob, and Spanish rice -- I'll be having ½ cup of rice.
FAJITA CHICKEN SKILLET RECIPE
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ large sweet onion (Vidalia or Maya sweet)
1 green bell pepper
1 red or orange bell pepper
2 tablespoons shredded Mexican cheese blend
- (If desired, marinate chicken up to overnight. Mesquite or fajita marinades are fine, or even plain old Italian dressing will work. This step is totally optional.) Cut chicken into thin strips. Season as desired with salt, pepper, chili powder, Sazon, or other Latin-style seasonings.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until outside is no longer pink but meat is not yet cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cut onion and peppers into thin strips. Add to skillet and continue cooking for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are desired level of brown.
- Remove from heat, add cheese, stir to blend well, and serve.
- Can be served with fajita-size tortillas, over rice, or just plain. If desired, garnish with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. (We eat it just plain.) Delicious with corn on the cob.
congrats on sticking with the plan. let me know what your "new" 12-week plan is, and maybe i'll do it with you. i need to do something.
ReplyDeletewill do -- i might just assign "numbers" to things (i.e., calories for meals) but we'll see. still have 3½ weeks to get through!
ReplyDelete