11.17.2009

2010 Crazymaking Calendars: Nevembuary

Oh dear sweet merciful crap ... next time I decide to do a project like this, remind me to start in like July, okay? Because let me tell you, these calendar projects? I love working on them, but they are making me crazy. Knowing I have virtually impossible deadlines (like, I really need to have these done by like December 15th, so I can get them to the printer's and get them back in time, which means that I have to anticipate Christmas pages without actually having any Christmas pictures!) is not making this easier. Why do I do these things to myself?

Anyway ... since last week I've gotten the following pages done:



Revamp of the previous October "Cousins Calendar" page. At my sister's suggestion, I re-oriented this to horizontal, plus added an extra picture. (I think all the "Cousins Calendar" pages are going to end up with four pictures each -- it's an even number, good for balance.) Not sure why the right-hand margin is off-center. Tried to fix it, blew up the GIMP, leaving it as is.



"Cousins Calendar" November page. This is a lot more simple and muted than the other pages I already have done, but this is one of my favorites so far (out of either projects). And not just because this layout took maybe an hour, tops, to put together (and most of that was spent trying to pick out the background paper). Children + outside + leaves + natural light = much win and awsum. Little kids always look so happy playing in the leaves, don't they? (More pictures of Joey here -- and believe me when I tell you that I desperately wanted to try to work that second picture into this collage.)



March page of the Cupcake Calendar. This page was inspired by both one of my earliest scrapbooking projects from July and (sort of) the page I did for this calendar for August. I really needed to get a picture of Gladys Leibowitz into this calendar somehow. And even so, I completely cheated: these pictures are really from April. (They're actually from later than the pictures that I used for April.) Not that anyone really cares but me, but whatever.

So, at this point: 8 pages of the Cupcake Calendar down, 4 to go (Jan., Feb., Nov., Dec.) and 4 pages of the Cousins Calendar down, 8 to go (Jan. - Jul., Dec.). Plus, I am still working on my other sister's website redesign, which is supposed to be finished by her birthday on December 11th, which ... okay, listen, I just need to lie down for a little while, okay?

Wish me luck! It's going to be a crazy next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. awesome-ness! and we'll be getting a tree next weekend, and hopefully taking the christmas pictures not too far after that. (i want to get a jump on christmas cards.) worst case scenario you can use his pic from last year.

    ReplyDelete