11.05.2009

2010 ... Other Calendar: October



This is probably only a first draft. Although I do like the way this turned out so far. The (??) calendar is going to be a little trickier because I need to make sure that both kids are equally represented. I suspect right off the bat that this project (whatever it will end up being called) will be a little more "homey" and a bit less "fancy" than the other calendar -- or, what I guess I mean is, this will look more like a scrapbook and less like an art project. Or something.

The big question is: what in the heck are we going to call this thing? "Cupcake Calendar" was a given because before the adoption, Shae's "nom de blog" was Cupcake. We still call her that sometimes, and it's kind of her trademark. But what about this special joint presentation? I still haven't worked that part out. If I end up using your suggestion, maybe you'll get one of these bad boys as a special prize, assuming you aren't already on the list to get one anyway.

4 comments:

  1. how does it look if the black stripe is horizontal, so you can put the pics across the page and maybe bigger? (might need to make the black a little thinner for proportion.) otherwise, i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can try that, but then i'll need to get a different frame. we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the three pictures are in a frame ... if i turn it sideways then it will lose the "polaroid" look. i will either have to find a horizontal frame, or arrange other frames to give that effect.

    ReplyDelete