1.11.2010

P365: Day 11

1/11/2010

Still working a lot of hours until the end of the month while we close out the year, and I left the house while it was still dark and cold. It was one of those little "fingernail" moons, a waxing crescent, and every time I see one of them I remember 9th grade Earth & Space Science at Shawnee Intermediate School with Mr. Brown, and how he explained that the moon in the "penis breath" scene of E.T. was not possible unless the kids were playing cards at 2 a.m. because that particular kind of moon is not visible until the very early morning.

Anyway. It was a neat-looking moon peeking through the branches of the trees, and the sun was just barely up and I thought it was excellent, and it was all very pretty considering that it was like literally the ass-crack of dawn, and this picture doesn't hardly capture a bit of the magic because (1) it was taken with a cell phone camera and (2) it was taken outside of work, which is the mouth of the Pit of Hell, and so of course a bit of the luster is worn off and eaten through. But I tried, which is the point of this project.

(You can click on the picture to go into my Flickr photostream and see two alternate versions of this picture, which are essentially the same, but maybe you'll like one of those better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment