I lost another two pounds this week -- huzzah! Since I started using Lose It and keeping track, I've lost 14 lbs., and before that I lost at least 15 lbs., so right now I am confident in saying that I am down about 30 lbs., which by all objective measures is fantastic. I've definitely lost 5% of my starting weight, and probably more like ≥ 10%. I've also lost 10% of my goal weight, although I am not sure that counts for much, but once I get started with numbers and statistics I seem to keep "inventing" new ones. No doubt it's another one of my myriad of mental illnesses. I wish the pounds would come off faster, but I realize that I did not get Like This overnight, and I shouldn't expect to reverse the course in a snap, either. Baby steps, grasshopper, as they say.
Still, though, for all the progress I've made -- and it is A LOT, seriously -- I still have a ways to go. I'm 10% of the way to my goal weight, with a big ol' 90% to go, and I don't want to say I am running out of steam, not exactly, but I am definitely running low on enthusiasm. Right now my daily limit is 1,507 calories, and if I lose 2 lbs. or more this week, my allowance will be under 1,500 calories. That ... doesn't sound like much. Not to me, anyway. I believe I am doing things healthily and reasonably, and I am finding ways to work with some of my original 12W12S goals (fruit or veggie at every meal, sensible snacks, still finding ways to fit Mountain Dew into my menu everyday), but I don't know how much longer I'll be able to keep this up and not feel hungry all the time.
That's my big plateau, right now -- getting over this semi-constant hungry feeling. It started while I was on vacation, and I haven't really been able to find a way to abate it yet. I've been drinking plenty of water and decaf diet drinks, I've been trying to fill up on high-fiber foods, I've been eating at consistent times every day, but I still find myself unsatisfied, somehow. I don't know if it's the balance of the foods I've been eating, or the spicing, or if I'm getting bored, or what. Do I need more protein? Less salt? Should I switch out my grapes and bananas for berries and grapefruit? Maybe I'm becoming a more efficient calorie-burning machine since I've starting losing weight? I just don't know.
But I am daydreaming about cheesecake and chocolate and caramel lately, and it's starting to become a test of my resolve every day. So far I haven't succumbed. I guess until I figure out how to get past this point, I should probably stay out of the bakery aisle at Wegman's. And get my kid to stop singing about making pie. Anybody have a spare muzzle I can borrow until I get over this hump?
8.15.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment