As a reminder, for this week, I am switching from 12-oz. cans of Mountain Dew to 8-oz. cans. That's as small a serving as I can get, and as small as I am willing to go anyway. I know it's completely deranged, but knowing that Mountain Dew is part of my eating plan -- not something I am allowed to have, but something I am actually building my menu around, more or less -- has really helped me stick to this. And no diet will work if you don't stick to it, right?
I'm also making one previously un-announced adjustment to the plan, and that is to limit my lunchtime entrees to 300 calories or less. Using Lose It! has been very helpful because it gives me a daily calorie count to stick to, and that calorie goal adjusts as you lose weight. Right now, based on my current weight and my weight-loss goal (2 lbs. per week, until I'm down to 135 lbs., which is what I weighed the day I graduated high school), I get 1,586 calories per day. I want to make lunch and snacks take up 50% or less of my daily calories, so I can have more flexibility (and dessert!) at dinnertime.

No comments:
Post a Comment