But here we are, anyway. People are asking me how I am doing this, and I am only half joking when I say, "Starvation." Of course I am not really starving, not really, but some days it feels like it. Some days I have to really talk myself out of eating tortilla chips, lest I be unable to stop myself from eating the entire bag. "Close my eyes and think of England," as they say in certain other circumstances. (Go Google it.)
To adjust for the reduction in calories, I have made one small adjustment to my current plan. For the past few weeks I have been eating Lean Cuisine-type entrées for lunch with 300 calories or fewer -- I have changed that to be 250 calories or fewer. So now the basic idea is 300/350/600 with whatever is left for snacks. I don't really want to go any lower at breakfast -- it is the most important meal of the day, after all -- and I won't be able to get much smaller at lunch, so dinner will be the next place to face cuts.
And I will tell you right now: I will give up meat entirely before I give up my mashed potatoes. Most days I am down to around ½ cup of "carbs" (starchy sides) at dinner time and I am okay with that, so meat is the next logical place to make cuts. I really don't want to give up my afternoon snack or my dessert (and I am afraid that a popsicle just won't cut it -- I need something sweet and heavy, like cookies or ice cream), so meat is next. We'll see.
By the by -- if you're reading this, and you use LoseIt! (you can now update online without the iPhone app), and you want to be my friend, let me know. This is working for me, and I want to provide as much support for others as I can. Join me!
PS -- Those technical difficultiesfrom the other week? Constipation. Done now. No worries.
No comments:
Post a Comment